(well, some I already knew, but was reminded again this year.)
1. Enjoy every moment, you don't know what the future holds.
2. Try to give more than you take, but take humbly what is given.
3. Always be ready to be a Dad, it's a 24/7 lifetime commitment.
4. Even when you're a Grandad, you've still got to clean up throw up....
5. Older Dads help younger Dads (and pre-Dads). We stick together.
6. Being a Dad doesn't mean your invincible, table saws can still beat you...
7. Sometimes you're a Dad to other peoples kids when their real Dad can't be around.
8. Being a Dad is not a job. You're not the babysitter when Mom is gone, you're not the cook when Mom is tired, you're not the chauffeur when Mom is busy; you're just the Dad...always.
9. Being a Dad isn't always convenient, but it is always rewarding.
10. Be a good Dad, it's the highest calling you have in life and will have the most effect after you're gone.